Thursday, October 9, 2014

THE MOM THING

Today I received an email from one of my sisters titled Why Did God Made Moms?".  According to the email this was a survey given to 2nd graders.  As you can imagine the answers where hilarious.  I couldn't stop laughing because as cute as they sound they're also so true.  Have you ever wonder how your kids see you?  What do they think of you?  How you come across as a mom?  

I think that early on in life I had my mind set on what type of mom I would be.  The one that never yelled, always kept it cool and was her kids best friend.  I was not going to be my mom! Well, once I had kids, things didn't go as planned.  I still try to stay away from my mother's shadow.  Yet, sometimes I find myself repeating my mom's saying and even yelling.  I dislike the latter, but kids have a way to push their parent's buttons I tell you. I do work hard everyday in keeping a balance.  I want to be there for them, but I also have to set boundaries and build respect.  Bottom line, I am an imperfect human and the mom thing is a work in progress kind of thing.  There will be good days and bad days but my strength to do my best at motherhood, will always come from God, my strong tower and my hiding place.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Cor. 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment