Monday, October 13, 2014

EBOLA; THE UNKNOWN

Day 13 - October 13

Today we were sadden to hear the news about Nina Pham, the Dallas nurse who has been diagnosed with Ebola.  She's the first person to get infected with Ebola within the US, causing somewhat of a frenzy on this scary virus.  Scary, I suppose, because it's unknown and from what we have seen so far, extremely dangerous.  So how do we prepare as parents?  What do we take care of our kids? We're living really hard times with so much violence, natural disasters and illnesses with no cure.  It's very easy to get caught up in the turmoil of the "end of times."  Just this past Friday the whole kinder class (but three kids) at my
kids' elementary got sent home with the flu. Two teachers were also sent home sick. All you could the parents arrived to pick up the kids was how scary the situation was and how we should all rush to get our kids the flu shot. These are the time we're living as parents, with so many unexpected terrible situations happening in the blink of an eye. I don't know about you, but I know I can't live worrying all the time.  I refuse to live is a state of panic. I refuse to let the days go by without enjoying to the max the blessing of being a mother.  I refuse to be governed by the unknown of tomorrow.  I'm  choosing to cast my worries on God whose got my back.  I'm choosing to live with joy the present and to enjoy each second of my kids' life.  Tonight, let us all lift a prayer for Nina Pham and her family.  Miracles do happen.

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you 1 Peter 5:7 NVI


No comments:

Post a Comment