Friday, October 17, 2014

ORIGAMI OVERRATED - IT'S TOUGH BEING A PARENT

Day 17 - October 17

Housework when you have kids is like 100 times more.  Wouldn't you agree?  When I first got married my husband would make fun of me because I would vacuum everyday.  I now can vacuum twice a day and sometimes three times a day and still find a trail of toys, papers, crayon...etc.  As much as I remind my kids to keep their rooms clean is like a tornado hits the rooms every single day. Well, today was no exception, I walked into my boy's room and it was beyond a mess.  Recently he found a new hobby: Origami.  
Not just any origami, but "Star Wars origami.  He could spend hours building Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo...etc. He's actually pretty good at it if I may say so, on the other hand however, the mess created by origami is annoying.  There is tiny pieces of cut paper everywhere, construction paper, crayons, markers, etc.  Well, when I kindly asked him to pick up the mess I didn't see the star wars coming my way.  Talk about drama!  He must have had an awful day because he whine and cried and whine some more.  Apparently he had not made the mess on his own but along his little sister.  And maybe, his sister had contributed the most.  Long story short, my poor 9 year old was discipline by having to wash the dishes all week long (not because of the mess, but mostly because of the whining)   For now he's assigned to dishes and trash only on weekends.  What do you?  Life is not always easy, and as much as I enjoy seeing him be entertained by something constructive as origami (origami helps develop hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills and mental concentration), responsibility is must in this household.  It's tough being a parent! 

Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children. Those who love their children care enough to discipline them. Proverb 13:24

No comments:

Post a Comment