Tuesday, October 7, 2014

OUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED

I was ten minutes late to work this morning even though I had more time than usual.  Where did time go?  I got up at my usual time (5:30), got myself ready and then proceeded to wake up the kids.  As they started to get ready, I began to prepare their breakfast.  My picky eaters had willingly decided to eat lunch at school!  Hooray!  That meant that I would have more time than usual as I didn't have to prepare their lunch.  I truly wish they would eat at school everyday.  But having a chef for a dad has spoiled their taste buds!  As they finished eating I looked at the clock and it was almost time to go.  We still had teeth to brush and hair styles to be done.  My little 6 yr old girly girl loves to have her hair styled everyday.  I had no time to be styling hair today, so two braids bundled up was "it" this morning.  Just as we were rushing out the door, already four minutes late, I went to grab my lunch tote just to realized that I hadn't prepare myself any lunch!  Normally I pack my lunch the night before with left overs.  Last night there were no left overs so I had planned to make myself a sandwich.  Out the door were my plans too. I felt more rushed than ever.  Where did time go?  After dropping the kids off, the four minutes that I was behind became ten minutes. Crazy how one minute makes a huge difference when it comes to traffic. But what do you when it comes to fighting time?  Do I order the sun to stand still?  


Time flies and it seems like each day gets shorter and shorter.  My kids seem to be growing up by the minute right before my eyes.  It sounds totally cliché, yet it feels so surreal.   Yesterday I was changing diapers and embracing my babies so tight. Today I'm having interesting conversations with them as they get ready all by themselves. There is no time to waist.  These are the most important years of their lives.  They probably won't remember everything, but the foundation will be there.  I can't be trapped into the idea that I have enough time to spend with them for it will evaporate like it did this morning.  I must soak in every second I spend with them and teach them every thing I've ever learned and want them to learn.  Our days are numbered.  The time is now!

“Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered – how fleeting my life is.” – Psalm 39:4, NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment