Sunday, October 19, 2014

THE LOST SOUL

Day 19 - October 19

Early in the evening my munchkins and I went out to the front yard to play some ball.  They were so engaged in the game totally unaware of the happenings in our surroundings.  I, on the other hand, was watchful as always.  I credit this habit or skill to my upbringing.  I was raised by a mother who was sexually abused in her teenage years.  I also grew up in the middle of a civil war (back in El Salvador) where kids had a tendency to disappear (kidnapped by guerrilla or army).  As you can imagine, I'm always on guard with my motherhood antennas on alert mode.  That's exactly when I saw the Lost Soul walking in the middle of the street.  I have never seen him in our neighborhood. He was dressed all in black with overly sized clothes and his hand holding the side of his garment.  He looked so somber and hollow, it gave me chills.  He was looking straight ahead, although the look seemed so empty.  He was definitely on a mission.  
The Lost Soul appear to be of young age, yet so drained and wasted.  His empty bones showing through the barely skin on his arms.  He didn't even noticed I was watching him.  He walked by my house and turned right into my neighbors house.  I suppose no one was home because he was out of their driveway in the blink of an eye.  He stood in the middle of the street looking ahead.  Then he started his quick marching like walk and disappeared.  I couldn't help but feel sorry for him.  How does this happen? How do our children grow into this hollow empty souls?  How is it that the world's temptation can slave them and drained the life right out of them?  This young man was a kid once. He surely had a mother, or so I think.  What happened to him?  As I started to ponder, I looked at my children dribbling the ball.  They seemed so innocent, so full of life, so happy.  I know I can't keep them innocent forever, but I must keep them full of life and happy.  I can't let this empty superficial world make slaves of them. I once had a brother who walked as a lost soul in this world, and though my heart still hurts for him, I have a new mission as a mother.  My ministry as a christian mother is to be the light in their path and guide them to the one and only God.  This is the truth path for happiness.  In time, they will make their own choices.  But for now, I must make sure to build the strongest foundation ever.  I'm at lost for word for the Lost Soul, but in my prayers I lift him up and ask God to send an angel who can be the light in his path. Would you lift a prayer with me for him and all other kids who are wondering lost in this world?  

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all peopleto be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1, 3-4



No comments:

Post a Comment