Saturday, October 18, 2014

OCTOBER MEMORIES

Day 18 - October 18

My goal as a mommy has been to create the most incredible memories with my kids.  When they're all grown up and living on their own I wish for them to look back and remember all the fun, crazy, cozy, heartwarming, silly and challenging things we did together.  I don't want them to look back in time and remember an empty chair or an absent mother.  Everyday is an opportunity to create those memories.  Every morning is an opportunity to start all over.  Every evening is an opportunity to show our endless love.  I believe with all my heart that God gives me a new chance at the motherhood thing with the start of each day, and I choose to take those opportunities.  I can't live just because.  I want to have a purpose and I want my kids to delight in our purpose.  The other day I saw the following quote on Instagram and identified with it instantly: 
"Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." - Rachel Jankovic.


I chose that calling and in the midst of the daily chaos (specially in the mornings).  I enjoy my calling to be a mother and I treasure each memory in my heart.  I sure hope and wish that my kids do too.

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart..  Ecclesiastes 3:11



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment