Thursday, October 9, 2014

EACH DAY IS A GIFT - THE BIRTHDAY

DAY 9 - OCTOBER 9 (My Birthday)

Today is my special day.  My mom gave birth to me about four decades ago.  Unfortunately she is no longer with us to celebrate it which makes it a bittersweet kind of celebration.  Still, I am happy for each new day and each new year. I learned at a very young age that "each day is a gift from God" and we should take each opportunity to make the best of it.  Some years have been difficult some years have been amazing.  Still, each year has been and will continue to be  a gift from God.  As expected, I got up this morning with a grateful heart ready to enjoy anything the day would bring. It was all good!  From my coworkers making a wonderful special day at work, all the wonderful messages and gifts from my family to my hubby and kids ending the day with a small and cozy family celebration.  All really good, yet, one stood out, touching my heart is such an amazing way.
This morning I opened the door of my daughter's room and there she was, already up, standing in the middle of the room with open arms.  As I walked in, she gave me a big hug and started singing the birthday song.  She finished the song and asked me to cuddle with her because "cuddling" is one of my favorite things. That was just the beginning of the most heart warming moment I was to live today.  She then proceeded to pull things under her bed.  Those things were my gifts.  Gifts that she had been working on for a few months.  She first handed me a painting of a flower "that was as beautiful as me" in her words.  Then two separate beautiful drawings of nature and last but not least, a hand made book.  My 6 year old baby girl had created a book for me!  A 3 page stapled book made of letter size white paper with sticky people drawings of a mom and a little girl.
First page read "I'll like you for always,".  Second page read "I'll love yo forever." (yes she wrote "yo). Third page read "As long as I'm living my mommy 'll be."  She took the idea from one of our favorite books "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch and she made it her own.  Needless to say, this was a very special, heartwarming gesture which I will forever treasure.   
My hubby and my son also had special gifts for me and I do treasure those as well. My hubby and kids are the best thing that ever happened to me.  I have nothing but gratitude towards my creator for his abundant love for me which sometimes, like today, is shown through my kids life.

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.  - Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment