Thursday, October 2, 2014

WEARY NIGHTS

Day 2
These days I find myself so weary at nights pondering how did I get myself into this? And how on earth did my mother handled "motherhood"?  From day one when I found out I was pregnant I chose to be an "involved" kind of parent.  As you all know, planning is not the same as actually living it or doing it.  Still, in spite of having a full time job (due to the economy), I have made every effort to spend as much time with my kids as possible. It may be a guilt issue or just something I yearned during my childhood.  Either way, from the time I wake up to get them ready for school (that includes cooking breakfast and prepping lunch) to the time I come back from work to do homework and extra curriculum activities with them, I try my best to give them my undivided attention.  I truly believe that being an involved parent makes a big difference in a child's life academically, emotionally and physically speaking.  And I honestly enjoy spending time with them and listening to their daily adventures.  The thing is that after I put them to bed (between 7:30-8) I still have quite a few chores to complete, making my way to bed around 9:30 or 10 so exhausted that TV is totally out of the question.  
Am I doing something wrong or is this how I should be feeling? Then it hits me!  Bang! I have it easy for crying out loud!  I've been truly blessed with a great husband who is there for me and my kids 100%.  We share parenthood as well as marriage as a team.  What about those single parents?  What about the parents that have to work overtime to make ends meet?  My mother raised me as a single parent and one of my sisters raised her 4 kids as a single mother.  They both did a great job in the midst of their situations.  So, I stop for a second and as I lift a prayer of gratitude for my blessing, I also lift of prayer requesting strength, patience and wisdom for not just the single parents out there, but for any parent going through a weary season.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment