Friday, October 3, 2014

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

Our elementary school is an visual and performing arts school.  Every year the
theater director puts together a musical.  My kids were part of the cast last year for the first time.  It was a lot of hard work  for 5 months, but  at the end (after 4 full house performances) they got to enjoy the fruit of their labor.  This year they have decided to audition again which means lots and lots of practice.  Now our after school routine also includes rehearsing singing a song and learning dancing steps to another song -(music director and choreographer have been added to my job description as a mom).  They usually start with so much excitement but after a little while (and I mean a short little while) they loose focus and I get a bit frustrated! Help! I do understand kids have a short attention spam but that's where I must keep my "cool" and stay focus as well. 

I think is so easy to loose focus of our goals.  Keeping in mind that "practice makes perfect" is a good motivation to always keep trying. There is no perfection, nor will there ever be.  But if we keep on trying and trying, we will eventually just get better at it.  We should never give up in our dreams, and we shouldn't rely just on our abilities.  Trying our best at everything we do, specially as parents will in time provide the most rewarding feeling we could ever have.  We should never give up trying to be the best parent we could be.  The more we practice a this parenting role, the better parents we become.  Keep calm and keep focus. Don't loose sight of what really matters.  

“Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.” Philippians 4:9 

For now, we'll keep practicing until audition time and then we'll wait, hoping to see my munchkins names on the casting board (the fruit of our labor).


No comments:

Post a Comment