Friday, May 11, 2012

IN HONOR OF MY MOTHER

I love getting all caught up in the many different mother’s day celebrations.  In a sense, celebrating my own motherhood becomes a therapy that lessens the pain and sorrow of my mother’s absence.  I rarely speak a word about my mother and to this day I have not been back to the cemetery.  It’s been 10 years and I’m still dealing with her loss.  Many nights I have waken up in the middle of the night calling out to her with tears running down my cheeks and this almost unbearable pain pressing down my chest.  If only I had a penny for the many times I’ve picked up the phone to call her these past 10 years.  She’s in my dreams, she’s in my thoughts, she’s in my mind.  She’s everywhere in my life and her memory will be forever carried on by the tributes of my actions.  I might have adapted to my environment, but I’m still my mother’s child.  So, as I walk on the most difficult yet enjoyable journey of my life, I shall honor her everyday of my life.  And what better way to honor her than by living a life dedicated to my Lord Jesus Christ just the way she did.   Happy Mother’s Day Mami Lidia!

No comments:

Post a Comment