Wednesday, May 9, 2012

MOMMY ON THE GO!

I’m a working mom always on the go!  I try to disregard the guilt of not being a stay home mom thinking that with our current economy that’s not a possibility for now.  But I really enjoy motherhood; I always have.  I was so born to do this.  So, to compensate the guilt of not being able to absorb every second of my kid’s life, I call in sick now and then or just get off work early to spend extra time with them.  But, kids don’t always need us around.  I’m learning that as they grow they start handling their own agenda.  I know is the most natural thing in the circle of life: detaching from our parents.  I mean, I did it too.  I will continue to find extra time here and there and to be as involved as possible in my kids’ life. That was my goal even before they were born.  But I will learn to set boundaries and encourage their independence.  I’m sure there will always be opportunities in which they’ll run to my arms.  And I plan to soak in those moments for my love for them is an everlasting love.

I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.  Jeremiah 31:3

No comments:

Post a Comment