Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A REFLECTION OF ME


Are your children anything like you?  I know mine are in so many dimensions.  Physically, though more daddy-like, there are features here and there or grins and gestures that are just so me.  But what amazes me the most is their personalities.  Scientists have shown through DNA testing “that half of our personality traits are hard-wired into our genes.”  I’m not a scientist, but as a mom, I totally agree with this statement. 
My little one is a strong-willed, independent and extremely feminine girl.  In other words, she’s practically a mini-me, except for her timid and less a of a risk-taker trait which she inherited from my hubby.  As for my boy, he’s just as insanely artistic as me.  His love for art, specially drawing, is totally my gene!  Yet, he’s mellow, sensitive and reserved like his dad. Isn’t it amazing how our children totally reflect us, and yet they’re their own unique self?  I sit in disbelief every day just observing how God’s human creation is just so perfect and how we are all a reflection of Him.  A reflection so perfectly embedded with so much love which could never be replicated by mankind.  I’m so thankful for my existence and even more thankful for the existence of my children.  There is no doubt in my mind that mankind was created after God’s own heart.
Then God said, “Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us… So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:26a-27

No comments:

Post a Comment