Friday, June 15, 2012

UNNOTICED BLESSINGS

I’m mixed with sadness and joy after hearing the most compelling story of a mother of 3yr old girl who recorded her daughter’s final sounds.  The little girl had to have a tracheotomy as a life-saving surgery which disabled her ability to speak or make any sounds.  Though this family has been blessed with the gift of time, it breaks my heart to listen to the mother explain how she misses her little girl’s laughter and cry.

These kind of stories make me stop and be thankful for the many blessing that go unnoticed every second of my life.  Just the past week I was upset with my kids because they were laughing so loud in the car while I was having a conversation with my girlfriend.  Yes, I AM responsible to teach my kids good manners, but sometimes, I get so caught up in my parenting duties that I forget to sit back and enjoy my children just being children. Their innocence laughter, their loud talk, their sweet little voices calling me mommy either cause they’re happy to see me or cause they need my help, their cries when they get hurt or are scared…I’m forever thankful for my wonderful perfectly NOISY kids!

Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! 2 Corinthians 9:15


Photo by Vibel Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment