Thursday, August 7, 2014

He Took The Children in His Arms...and Blessed Them

As I prayed for the kid’s safe return to school for the year 2014-2015, my mother’s prayers evoked in my memory as a sweet sign of her love.  It’s until now that I understand the deep meaning of those prayers.  The love of parents for their kids is beyond measure and who best to turn to for supernatural care than to our ever so loving, mighty, compassionate God?   I believe with all my heart that God loves my kids more than I could ever love them and that my prayers for them move his heart to a greater level.  I will never stop praying for God to watch over my kids.  And I hope that my kids too will learn to depend on God and to call on him for guidance, wisdom, strength and everything else revolving around their lives.  So you could imagine how thrilled I was yesterday when I drove my two little ones to school and I heard them praying and singing, calling onto Jesus for comfort and support.  They were nervous, fearing the unknown of new teachers, new classes, new grades (1st & 4th).  Yet, they new that in the midst of their fear, calling onto Jesus was the best option.  I was moved by their prayers and their sweet voices singing “yes Jesus loves me”!  The rewarding feeling was beyond comprehension.  For now, I will continue to press on, pray and do my best to model a life guided by the one who has entrusted me with these two beautiful souls.


He said to them, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn't receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it." Then he took the children in his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them. Mark 10:14-16  

No comments:

Post a Comment