Monday, December 17, 2012

He Shall Wipe Away Every Tear...

How did I send my 7yr old son to school this morning?  With a super tight hug, a very meaningful kiss and my trust in God that no matter what happens HE will always be by his side. 

I have been extremely shaken by the most recent tragedy in Connecticut which took some many innocent lives.  In questioning myself, I guess this whole ordeal has been so Déjà vu for me.  Emotionally, the terror that I lived as a child in the midst of the civil war in El Salvador has somehow resurfaced. Memories of mother reminding us every morning that this could be, in fact, our very last day.  Hugs, kisses and prayers that if we die, may God allow for it to happen when we’re altogether so we don’t have to grieve each other’s absence.  Loud noise of explosions, never ending shootings. Ducking, hiding under the beds or under the cars, running to a safer place with your heart in your hand.  Jumping over bloody, wounded or dead bodies.  Being scared that your brother will be taken away…I was only 7 then…

If you ask me, no child should ever have to live any terror.  I’m utterly distraught and my heart aches for all those kids and their families. I’m also extremely touched by the heroes who gave their lives while saving those of their little students.  For now, I must stay focus, living my role as a believer; constantly praying with all my heart for those who lost a loved one at Sandy Hook Elementary so they may find peace and comfort in Jesus Christ our savior.
"...and He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away." 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment