Monday, June 13, 2011

Mid Yeear, New Blessings

Have you ever heard that everybody should write a book, plant a tree and have a kid?  From this list, I can corroborate that I have given birth to two kids and have planted flowers and shrubs, although I’m not sure if they honestly count as planting a tree.  So what is left to do before the end of times?  Write a book!  This idea has been navigating in my head for quite some time.  But more than a book, I have strongly desire to start my own blog.  Would this count as writing a book?  Maybe not, but it’s a beginning of a special chapter in my life.

I guess I have finally overcome the fear of what would others think of my writing.  Believe me, my writing skills were brutally smashed to pieces during my first year of college.  I remember spending days researching and typing my very first essay after having graduated with honors from high school, only to get it back with a big ugly red “D” on it.  The pain was unbearable back then, but now, is just a memory saved in my brain’s hard drive.  Who is going to grade me now?  Is it worth it to give it a try? Would my life happenings and stories be able to help others?  I don’t really have the answers to my questions yet, but this I know, it will at least suffice the hunger in my soul to type away my thoughts, my stories and my most inner feelings.

They say that is better late than never and I have now taken ownership over this phrase.  Today I have not only started my blog, but also have taken the first steps toward revamping my fitness and building a much stronger relationship with my Creator (I went for a walk this morning while having a devotional time).  I know, it is the Middle of the year, but in God’s eyes, today is a new day and a new opportunity to enjoy his countless blessings.  Enjoy!
Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare. Psalm 40:5

No comments:

Post a Comment