Friday, October 10, 2014

THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE

DAY 10 - OCTOBER 10 

It has been all over the news and I'm sure you have heard that this year a 17 year old girl has won The Nobel Peace Prize.  I am not going to go into the details of her story.  I am just going to leave a link which contains proper ways to recount the story to our kids according to their age: Malala Yousafzai.  I thought this article was very helpful.

I hope we all take this opportunity to encourage our kids to never give up no matter who or what stands in their way.  You see, I believe with all my heart that a parent's support is the key to a child's success.  Let's teach our kids to never stop believing, dreaming, working hard and pursuing. Let's teach our kids that Education is supper important.  Let's teach our kids to care for others around the globe and to fight for what is right in a peaceful kind of way.  Let's teach our kids to get up when they fall and to continue on with their race.  Achieving our dreams is the biggest defeat for our enemies.  Life was not given to us to just waste away. Life is a gift from God, and He wants to equip us with all the necessary skills to succeed.  

Here are some of my favorite bible verses to encourage my kids: 

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

No comments:

Post a Comment